|Castus League||Grapefruit League|
|Los Angeles Dodgers||Arte||13||5||Tampa Bay Rays||rsskfs23||12||6|
|Houston Astros||ajaxx88||13||5||Philadelphia Phillies||egw18||12||6|
|Minnesota Twins||optistrat||12||6||Arizona Diamondbacks||yoker70||11||7|
|San Francisco Giants||wylie715||12||6||Pittsburgh Pirates||nbaker10||7||11|
|Anaheim Angels||captain10a||11||7||Seattle Mariners||toothdoc7||8||10|
|New York Yankees||ARomano||11||7||Atlanta Braves||bigsammich||10||8|
|Kansas City Royals||TenaciousTYT||9||9||Richmond Virginians||spintens||10||8|
|Texas Rangers||goldenbaer88||9||9||Florida Marlins||lido9613||8||10|
|St. Louis Cardinals||421werd||9||9||Detroit Tigers||patrickkm||9||9|
|Toronto Blue Jays||dimestoregin||8||10||San Diego Padres||jgarron||8||10|
|Boston Red Sox||pat007ohmss||8||10||Rochester Broncos||coinguy||6||12|
|Washington D.C.||Saffron||8||10||Colorado Rockies||axtell||9||9|
|Milwaukee Brewers||brentcnb||7||11||Cleveland Indians||Fantasy Frea||8||10|
|Oakland Athletics||jefepwnzer||7||11||Cincinnati Reds||cpintens||8||10|
|Baltimore Orioles||bourboncask||6||12||Chicago Cubs||mitt0108||9||9|
|Chicago White Sox||kgrffth||5||13||New York Mets||basebalguru||5||13|
Rookie Talent to keep an Eye On.
Here is our group of rookies that made the big club's roster out of spring training. We feel this crop of young talent will have a significant impact in season 22. While doing our research we found a 33 year-old rookie, who has been a pro for 14 years finally getting his chance on the big stage. His name is Jose Gonzalez, (P) a long-reliever on the Cincinnati Reds major league pitching staff. During his 14 year pro career he has a total of 17 appearances in the big leagues, 27.1 IP, a 9.22 ERA in season 18 with the Toronto Blue Jays. His minor league stats; 441 appearances, 241 starts, 1597.2 IP, 1532 SO, 1.35 Whip, and a 4.12 ERA. We wish him good luck.
McCabe Magazine's Top 10 Rookies
1. This former first round draft pick is our pick to win the American League season 22 Rookie of the Year award. Bradford as a rookie has been installed as the Angels ace of the staff has four major league pitches and should win a minimal of 16 games.
2. Raymond Wall is our choice for ROY runner-up. Some say this 3 year pro was rushed along through the minor league system, and we feel they might be right after looking at his first 18 at bats (1-18). However, look for this rookie to heat up in the second half of the season and finish with 20 homers, and a 285 BA.
3. Kazuya Gong is a season 17 International Free Agent who signed for $14.7 M, and in our opinion was money well spent. Gong is listed as a rookie with 121 games played in season 21 with a 302 BA and an amazing 70 stolen bases and 5 caught stealing. He can play all 3 outfield positions as well, playing 46 games last year in LF, 10 in CF, and 57 in RF. He is McCabe Magazine's choice to win the National League ROY award.
4. Starting Tampa Bay pitcher Achilles O'Keefe is ranked fourth on our list. During spring training, O'Keefe appeared in 5 games (20.2 IP) going 2-0 with an 1.21 Whip and 0.87 ERA.
5. Brian White (CF), Richmond Virginians is listed 5th on our list. A draft pick of the Pittsburgh Pirates in season 19 has been traded twice since that time. He played season 19 in the Pirates organization, seasons 20 and 21 with the San Francisco Giants. Season 21 AAA stats; 104 runs scored, 18 HR, 98 RBI, 284 BA, and 12-2 SB.
6. Another 3 year pro getting a chance on the the big stage to show he belongs. A San Diego IFA signing in season 19 and traded during season 20 to the Rangers. He has gotten off to a blazing start with 11 hits in his first 21 at bats (524 BA) and a 1.259 OPS.
7. Santos Rodriguez is a starting rookie pitcher for the Richmond Virginians that throws a major league 4-seam fastball, and cutter. His change-up is rated above average, and the curve is a work in progress. This former 1st round draft pick started 22 games in season 21 going 9-6 with a 2.95 ERA.
8. The Yankees management doesn't see the same talent we see in Gutierrez. He has played in 2 games this season with 0 AB, 1 SB, and 1 CS. Minor league stats; 1392 AB, 345 Runs, 324 BA, and a 962 OPS.
9. This big lefty is a 6'7" power forward pitching in the White Sox rotation was a 1st round selection in season 18. Papelbon is from Chester, New Jersey and had scholarship offers to play D1 basketball at St John, Rutgers, Cincinnati, and South Florida. He won his first start and should go 14-10 in his rookie season.
10. Patterson is a future closer with a wicket 4-seam fastball which the big boys are having trouble locating. He has appeared in 4 games this season with a 2.45 ERA.